An authentically styled Jazzmaster® now joins the Vintage Modified family, with present-day touches including full, clear Duncan Designed™ pickups and a modern fingerboard radius. Squier’s new Vintage Modified Jazzmaster has the model’s most distinctive hallmarks, too - such as the dual-circuit switching and controls, floating-vibrato bridge and classically colorful Sonic Blue, Candy Apple Red, Olympic White and Three-color Sunburst finishes.
Features include a maple neck with vintage-tint gloss finish, 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and parchment dot inlays, tortoiseshell (Three-Color Sunburst and Olympic White models) and white-black-white pickguards (Candy Apple Red and Sonic Blue models), Jazzmaster single-coil pickups, circuit selector switch and pickup selector toggle switch, white Stratocaster®-style control knobs (lead circuit) and black disc knobs (rhythm circuit), vintage-style bridge and non-locking floating vibrato with vintage-style tremolo arm, vintage-style chrome tuners and chrome hardware.
Vintage Modified Experience
The Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster takes its design inspiration from the Fender Jazzmaster of the late '50s and '60s. The original Fender Jazzmaster was intended for jazz players and had a unique identity that made it unpredictably popular with alternative and indie musicians. The Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster has the same look and sound of the original '60s Fender design, including the distinct offset body, versatile electronics and dual soapbar-style pickups. The Squier Jazzmaster gains the 'Modified' moniker due to its modified playability; this gives the guitar an up-to-date feel, allowing it to keep up with contemporary instruments.
Versatile Tonewoods & Classic Looks
A basswood body is chosen for its versatile performance, with a balanced frequency response and light weight for a comfortable feel during long playing sessions. The body is crafted with the classic Jazzmaster offset body shape, giving an effortlessly-cool look and easy access to the top-frets. The maple neck is finished with a vintage-tint gloss finish, so you'll have the authentic look of a vintage guitar.
The Jazzmaster's neck has a "C" shaped profile that enables easy reach over all 6-strings, while the offset body enables easy access to all 21 frets. A vintage-style floating bridge also gives an authentic tremolo action for subtle pitch-changing effects. The offset body shape enables easy access to all 21 frets for high range solos, while the modern 9.5'' fingerboard radius gives a modern playing feel for easier soloing and chordal comfort.
Versatile & Authentic Jaguar Electronics
The Jazzmaster is loaded with two Duncan Designed JM-101 single-coil P90-style pickups to provide the nuance and bite that this guitar design is known for. The pickups are wired up to a versatile set of electronics which gives access to separate lead/rhythm circuits. This electronic wiring delivers an independent rhythm circuit with the neck pickup engaged; it also features independent volume and tone controls to provide a large scope for sculpting your own sound.
The Fender Jaguar
The original Jazzmaster was introduced in 1959 as a high-end jazz guitar, where its P90 pickups, floating tremolo and integrated electronics made a radical departure from Fender's traditional designs. However, the Jazzmaster could never match the popularity of the ubiquitous Stratocaster and Telecaster models of the time, so Fender discontinued the Jazzmaster in 1980. The Jazzmaster garnered a cult popularity (alongside the Jaguar guitar) with alternative rockers and indie musicians who adopted it due to its availability on the second-hand market and its unique aesthetic.
- Vintage-inspired aesthetics with modern playability
- Maple neck with thin "C" shaped profile and 22-fret laurel fingerboard
- Dual Duncan Designed JM-101 single coil pickups
- Classic dual-circuit design (lead and rhythm) with separate rhythm circuit tone and volume controls
- Vintage-style non-locking bridge with floating tremolo
- Vintage tint neck finish
Body & Bridge
- Body: Basswood
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Bridge: Vintage-style with non-locking floating vibrato
- Pickguard: 4-Ply
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Parchment Dot
- Fretboard Radius: 9 .5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Laurel
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane, Vintage Tint
- Nut Width: 1 .650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length:25 .5" (648 mm)
- Headstock:Vintage tint
- Neck Plate: Four-bolt
- Truss Rod Nut: 4 mm Truss Rod Nut
- String Nut: PPS
Electronics & Hardware
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup:Duncan Designed™ JM-101B Single-Coil Jazzmaster with Alnico 5 magnets
- Neck Pickup:Duncan Designed™ JM-101N Single-Coil Jazzmaster with Alnico 5 magnets
- Pickup Switching:
- Neck pickup only (rhythm circuit)
- Neck only (lead circuit)
- Neck and Bridge (lead circuit)
- Bridge only (lead circuit)
- Special Electronics: Specially voiced rhythm and lead circuit controls
- Rhythm circuit volume and tone
- Master volume and tone
- Lead/rhythm circuit selector
- 3-way pickup selector
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickup Covers: Aged White
- Switch Tip: Black slider switch buttons
- Tremolo Arm/Handle: Vintage-style
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4 mm Truss Rod Wrench
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: 1.5 mm
Free delivery option available on all items. Want it next day? Select Next Day Delivery at the checkout.
Why Buy from DLG?
- Choose your delivery date
- 30 day Money back guarentee
- Free returns available
- 2 Year warrenty included
You can purchase from DL Guitars with complete confidence and peace of mind.
We offer a buy online and collect in store feature if you cannot wait to get your new gear.
Add your product to the basket
Go to the basket and select Store Pickup
Choose a date and time you wish to call
Checkout, pay for your new gear and we will get your items ready for collection.
*** Please bring valid photo ID with you when you collect in store ***